The Butler County Public Library, in response to the special needs of community residents meeting in groups, has provided a program area in the Library for public use on a requested basis. The ultimate goal of providing for public meeting space within or on Library grounds is that of:
- Providing for greater awareness of the Library in the community
- Recognizing the available library materials, resources, and services
- Promoting an awareness in the community that the Library is an active informational and educational service of the local government
Who May Use the Library Meeting Room
Any club or community group of persons meeting for non-profit purposes may request and be assigned use of Library facilities, provided the proper request has been made and recorded with the designated Library staff member. Eligible groups include:
- Civic organizations
- Social clubs whose intent is educational or cultural in nature
- Academic classes or study groups
- Professional or honorary groups
- Organized school or academic groups which have a civic interest or goal
- Groups must be meeting for non-profit purposes; no product literature may be distributed.
All meetings are open to the public. The Library staff reserves the right to enter meeting rooms at any time.
Who May Not Use the Library Meeting Rooms
The Library meeting room may not be used by:
- Any group meeting for a profitable reason
- Family group meeting for family or personal reasons, such as family reunion, wedding, reception, etc.
- Any group which has proven unsatisfactory for any reason during prior use
- Requests for meeting room use may be denied if the hours of use are unsatisfactory to the planned operating hours of the Library, or if the noise from the activity planned would disturb the normal Library operations and use by Library customers.
- No admission or attendance charge is to be made unless the Library is serving as a sponsor, and funds from the attendance are necessary and announced in advance in order to provide the necessary gratuities or matching funds required to produce the program.
The librarian or designated person on the library staff will be responsible for confirming and scheduling any room request.
Each room reservation must be complete, giving date, time, and name of person responsible for the library facilities during the time the group is meeting.
Priority will be given on a first-come first serve basis, and normally each group may request regular scheduling on monthly basis. Weekly meetings are discouraged which limit other groups using the facility. Booking will be on a calendar year basis with renewal periods each fall for the following requests for such start coming in on a regular basis.
Meeting Room Location
Meeting room is at the back entrance of the library. The room provides chair seating for a maximum of 50 persons. Ideal for committee meetings and planning sessions, it is equipped with wireless Internet access as well as a DVD player and projection screen. Light refreshments may be brought in and served in this room. For more information call the library at 240-526-4722.