All materials on this website are copyright protected by the Butler County Public Library, including but not limited to all design, HTML code, text, and images, unless otherwise expressly stated. All rights reserved.
As a resource for our users, Butler County Public Library maintains a variety of pages that list links to other websites. These lists include topics such as Art, Computer, Education, Employment, Government and other areas of general interest to library patrons and staff. These lists are intended to be representative, but not an exhaustive catalog of the Internet. They are intended to be useful, however, we do not guarantee authority.
We attempt to feature links to sites that, in our judgment, will have interest and/or value for those who visit the Butler County Public Library website. Recognizing that some valuable services are available exclusively from commercial sites (e.g., web search tools, database vendor information, etc.), links to selected commercial sites are included to provide access to useful, free, informational resources. However, under no circumstances do we endorse commercial services or link to a site that is primarily fee-based. Links are selected based on: (a) the quality of the information found at the site, (b) the relevance of this information to the Butler County Public Library mission, and (c) the organization sponsoring the site.
All links being considered for addition to or removal from existing and new Butler County Public Library pages should be proposed to the Butler County Public Library director for consideration. Links may be nominated by anyone, and should include a brief statement describing the value and content of the link. Similarly, any Butler County Public Library staff member may propose removal of an existing link. All additions and removals are subject to comment and discussion among the staff and administrators. Decisions are reached by team consensus.
The Butler County Public Library encourages other sites to link to its pages, provided that any such link does not connote an endorsement by or affiliation with the Butler County Public Library. The link caption and its context must accurately represent the content and source (Butler County Public Library) of the linked page(s).
Due to the dynamic nature of the Butler County Public Library’s website, and the possibility of updates and changes to its pages, it may be best to link to the Butler County Public Library site at the home page: (http://www.bcplky.org)
- Please do not present Butler County Public Library pages or content as your own, incorporate any content from this site into your site (e.g., by in-lining or framing or in any other manner) or alter the appearance of the Butler County Public Library pages.
- Please contact: email@example.com to advise us that you are linking to these pages. Also include the URL of your page that contains the link. Butler County Public Library reserves the right to revoke its consent to the link(s) at any time at its sole discretion.
- If you want to republish in electronic or other form the major part of any textual content on the Butler County Public Library website, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org to request a written release first. A link to the Butler County Public Library website must be placed with any hypertext republication of major textual content from the Butler County Public Library website.
- In accord with existing copyright laws, excerpts from any textual content on the Butler County Public Library website may be quoted freely, providing that full and proper attribution is given, including the Butler County Public Library URL, which is: http://www.bcplky.org.
- If you wish to reproduce or use an image from the Butler County Public Library’s website for publication in electronic or any other form, you must obtain written permission from the Butler County Public Library in advance; a reproduction fee may be charged. Some of the images contained in this site are privately owned and licensed for Butler County Public Library use only. For more information, please contact: email@example.com.